The Sealed with Love stamp set from Stampin’ Up! is a PERFECT one to use for those handmade Valentine cards that you want to make!! And, the stamp set isn’t limited to Valentine’s Day!!! The stamped images and greetings in this stamp set are just right to use on any “love themed” card that you make and send any time during the year.
I have had LOTS of fun creating with this stamp set and I will be sharing my creations over the next several blog posts. Let’s get started….
One thing you will notice is that most of the images in the Sealed with Love stamp set are small…small enough that you will need to “add” some other card elements to fill up a full sized card front.
Here’s my first handmade Valentine card.
- The heart border is made with one of the coordinating Love Notes Framelits (142752). I actually cut two heart edges, one on the card front and another out of red card stock. I cut off all the red hearts and attached them over the black hearts on the card front. (See photo below for a photo of the red piece after hearts are cut. This could be used on another project!!)
- The envelope and coordinating “letter” were also made with the Love Notes Framelits.
- The patterned paper is one of the patterns in the Sending Love designer paper pack (142733). The size of these designer papers is 6″ x 6″, and there are 48 sheets in each pack (6 each of 8 designs).
- You may not notice the row of hearts on the bottom of this card…they blend in so well with the designer paper. I stamped that row of hearts using one of the stamps in the Sealed with Love stamp set (142815).
- This card idea is based on a project by Sue Vine.
Here’s another handmade Valentine card made with this same stamp set. I received this in a swap. It was made by Terri Snider.
- The border heart design was also used on this card…this time the border was cut on a piece of card stock that sits ON TOP OF the card front.
- Because the stamped images are small, die cut shapes were combined with the stamped images to fill up the card front. The Banner Framelits (132173), Layering Squares Framelits (141708), and Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372) were all added with the stamped images.
- Take note of the stamped swirly heart image just above the mini envelope. I think that image is so classic and would be great to use for a wedding card!!
The third handmade Valentine card I have to share was made by Kay Kalthoff and was another I received in a card swap I participated in. I LOVE the simple elegance of this card!!
- The textured background was made with the Happy Heart embossing folder (137364)…a perfect accent to the Sending Love suite of products. She attached a row of Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246) in the center of some of the hearts to create a border.
- Kay created a “frame” by cutting out the center of the Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372) square.
- The focal heart image is actually cut out of one of the Sending Love designer paper patterns, then mounted with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Color combination is Crumb Cake and Real Red.
Have I piqued your interest in the Sealed with Love stamp set?? As you can see from today’s cards, Stampin’ Up! actually has an entire SUITE of products that coordinate with the Sealed with Love stamp set. It’s called the Sending Love Suite and includes coordinating framelits (142752), designer series paper (142733), ribbon (142737), and embellishments (142735). The stamp set and framelits are also sold in a bundle at a 10% discount (144705). And, as a bonus, ordering the Sealed with Love bundle and designer paper together would give you enough for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item choice. There are LOTS of great choices in the Sale-A-Bration catalog, but there’s one item I think would coordinate perfectly with the Sending Love suite of products….the Delicate Details stamp set (143314). I can imagine all the lovely “old fashioned” Valentine cards that can be created.
Order any of these Valentine products TODAY from my online store and get a head start on making your handmade Valentine cards!!