Today I’m back with Stampin’ Up! Party Pandas squared. What’s that you ask?? Party Panda card ideas using square frames.
Square frames are a great accent to use on your cards, and they are very easy to create using the Layering Squares Framelits Dies (141708). You create the frame by placing two nested dies on the cardstock before putting through the Big Shot. Here’s what it looks like:
And, here’s my first Stampin’ Up! Party Pandas squared card
- To create a bit of movement and interest, I tilted the frame at an angle. It makes the card seem a bit more playful.
- The “bamboo” background was created with the Artistically Asian stamp set (Wood 141778, Clear 141781). I repeatedly stamped the branches onto the cardstock using Old Olive ink. I always stamped so that the “bottom” of the branches were off the edge of the cardstock (hope that makes sense).
- The panda friend was fussy cut, and I cut off the balloon. There is a small white line on his balloon arm, which I filled in with a black marker.
- Sentiment is punched with a 1/2″ circle punch (119869) and popped up with a Stampin Dimensional (104430).
Here’s the second card using Stampin’ Up! Party Pandas squared.
- This card was a swap from Shari Caspers. I love the color combination she chose…pink and black. Such striking colors together!
- The black frame on this card was created as described above. However, the outside square frame was the 2 5/8″ square frame from the Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372). The inside square is from the Layering Squares Framelits Dies.
- The panda image square is also cut using smaller square in the Stitched Framelits Dies.
- Sentiment is punched with the Classic Label Punch (14491).
- Background texture was made with the Polka Dot Basics Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143709). The black dots were punched with the 1/2″ Circle punch and raised with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Visit these posts if you’d like more Party Panda inspiration:
Visit my online store and purchase $50 of Stampin’ Up! product if you’d like to add these adorable critters to your stamp collection. You can then choose them as you FREE Sale-A-Bration pick.
What do you think of Stampin’ Up! Party Pandas squared?