Sometimes you need a card in a hurry. Did you know you can make quick and easy cards using embossing folders? I’ve got some great examples for you today.
All the cards I’m sharing use products from the “Share What You Love” product suite in the new Stampin’ Up! catalog. (pages 176-178).
Here’s a list of the products used:
- Love What You Do Stamp Set
- Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Share What You Love Artisan Pearls
There’s something else all these cards share and that’s the design idea. Even though each card is different, each includes the following: an embossed image with a simple sentiment. One thing to note is that all these cards were received in a recent swap. I find it interesting how four different people each came up with similar card designs.
Here’s my first example of quick and easy cards using embossing folders. This one was made by Shari Caspers.
- The flower on the sentiment piece is punched from the designer paper with the 1/2″ Circle Punch.
- Sentiment circle is cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.
Card number two was made by Susan Campfield and it uses Very Vanilla and Basic Black for a classic look.
The third card in our parade of quick and easy cards using embossing folders was made by BJ Peters.
- I like the way she stamped the flower image on the sentiment circle before punching with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch.
- Basic Black Solid Baker’s Twine was used for the bow.
The last two cards I have to share are made by Brenda Cardinal. Here’s the first one.
- Brenda used a strip of designer paper to ground the sentiment piece along the bottom of the card front.
- The sentiment punched using the Tailored Tag punch. Then it was matted using a second punched Mint Macaron shape, cut in half to create the mat.
- Share What You Love Artisan Pearls were used for accents.
Here’s her second card
- The card is grounded by the designer paper border on the bottom of the card.
- She fussy cut cut the center of the flower. It is the same flower embossing folder, embossed on Basic Black, with the center cut out.
- This card isn’t exactly the same as the others because there isn’t a sentiment on it. However, one could easily be added.
These cards all used products from one suite. However, the same concept of an embossed background with a die cut/punched sentiment can be used with any embossing folders you may already have in your collection.
I challenge you to create some quick and easy cards using embossing folders, then let me know what you think!!