On Monday I shared some traditional handmade Valentine cards. I guess you could call the cards I’m sharing today non-traditional handmade Valentine cards.
The reason I’m calling them non-traditional handmade Valentine cards is because I didn’t use the colors red and white, which is what we typically think of for Valentines.
Here’s the first one of my non-traditional handmade Valentine cards.
- I love the heart pattern paper in the FREE Sale-A-Bration Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper (146082), so that’s the element I started with on this card. (You can only get this paper free with a $50 product purchase.)
- I also wanted to see if I could use the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies (143725) for a Valentine card. This is the idea I came up with. I used a die from the Sweet & Sassy Framelits (141707) to cut a heart shape in the center circle. You must also use the Layering Circles Framelits (141705) in order to get the free-standing circle.
- I used a die from the Support Ribbon Framelits set (143749) to cut the center designer paper heart. It’s popped up using a Stampin’ Dimensional (104430).
- Non-traditional Valentine color is Calypso Coral.
The design idea for this next non-traditional handmade Valentine card came from a similar card made by Mary Fish.
- The Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack (144193) made the perfect background for this card. The ombre look with no work at all!!
- The sentiment is from the Ribbon of Courage stamp set (Wood 143852, Clear 143855). I cut it with the Sweet & Sassy framelits dies.
- Ribbon and sequins are products found in the new Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. (Berry Burst 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon, 145489; Tutti-fruitti Adhesive-Backed Sequins, 145609).
- Non-traditional Valentine color is Berry Burst.
The last of my non-traditional handmade Valentine cards would be PERFECT for the man in your life.
- I wanted to use some of the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack (144177) because I had seen several heart themed cards using wood grained hearts. I chose a white grained wood design for this card.
- The large heart is popped up using Foam Adhesive Strips (141825) to add some depth and dimension to the card.
- I cut the heart shape from the center of a 4″ x 4 1/2″ piece of designer paper. I then used the Burlap Background stamp (Wood 143979, Clear 143982) to add the look of texture to the die cut heart piece.
- I also stamped the burlap design on the designer paper border piece at the bottom of the card.
- Sentiment and die cut shape come from the Petal Palette bundle (Wood 145973, Clear 145974).
- Stamped heart is from the Wood Words stamp set (Wood 143925, Clear 143928) and is cut with the coordinating Wood Crate Framelits (143730). These two items are also sold together in the Wood Words bundle (Wood 145315, Clear 145316).
- The stamped heart is mounted on a 1 1/4″ punched circle with a piece of 5/8″ Burlap Ribbon (141487) as an accent.
- Non-traditional Valentine color is Crumb Cake.
Visit my online store if you want to purchase any of these products to make your own Valentines. Otherwise, make sure to stop back next week when I’ll be continuing to share more Valentine inspiration.
I hope you enjoyed the non-traditional handmade Valentine cards I shared today.