I’m back today with more quick and easy SU Pocketful of Sunshine cards, again using the sunglasses image from this cute stamp set from Stampin’ Up! Click here to see the Pocketful of Sunshine bundle.
My goal in creating these cards was to use the sunglasses image in “non-traditional” ways. If you know me, I LOVE to find additional ways to use the stamps I own.
My first thought was to use this image to create a border. Here’s the card I came up with.
This would be such a quick and easy card to put together for a last minute birthday. The sentiment stamp is Stylized Birthday.
Here’s a second card in the “more quick and easy SU Pocketful of Sunshine cards” parade.
- On this card I again used the sunglasses image as a border, this time creating an entire background of borders.
- The black sunglasses add a “pop” to the card. I had a masculine theme in mind with this card, but a pop of pink or purple sunglasses would be a fun girl card! Using Wink of Stella on the glass lenses would also add a fun touch.
- I started with sentiment placement, and then determined where to stamp the black sunglass image. This helped me determine where to stamp the rows of gray glasses.
- Sentiment is in the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set.
Here’s the last card I have to share today.
- This is a very simple to make monochromatic card. Again, I stamped rows of sunglasses onto cardstock. These rows are very close together to create an overall background pattern. Note how I also stamped partial rows on both of the long edges.
- I turned the rows on the background piece on end (so they looked less like sunglasses and more like a pattern) before attaching my sentiment.
- Double matting the sentiment with layers helps it to stand out.
- Sentiment is Stylized Birthday stamp.
Here’s what the background looks like without the sentiment:
If you want to see the other sunglass themed cards I made, here’s a link to the quick and easy SU Pocketful of Sunshine cards I shared last week.
I hope you enjoyed these more quick and easy SU Pocketful of Sunshine cards. Stop back tomorrow for more inspiration with this same stamp set.