Today I have some handmade cards with a Denim Theme that I made using the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set from Stampin’ Up! As I said in an earlier blog post, I purchased this set last June, but didn’t get around to using it right away. Once I started, I had so much fun making cards with this stamp set!! The ideas went on and on…
The Pocketful of Sunshine bundle includes both the stamp set and coordinating dies. I used both on the cards I’m sharing today.
As I said, today’s cards all have a denim theme. Here’s the first one.
- Marina Mist and Dapper Denim make the perfect color combination for a denim themed card!
- Pocket detail is stamped onto Marina Mist cardstock using Dapper Denim ink. I LOVE all the little details you can add to the pockets using the coordinating dies. I added pocket rivets and a tag on this one.
- Sentiment is from the Vertical Greetings stamp set (Wood, Clear)
- Scallop border was made with one of the dies in the Seasonal Layers thinlits set.
Here’s the next project in the handmade cards with a Denim Theme card parade. This one also features the pocket.
- Silver Foil was used as an accent on this card. I wanted an accent, but didn’t want it to detract from the denim feel of the card and this worked perfectly.
- To create the denim effect: Wipe a Dapper Denim ink pad across the Marina Mist cardstock before stamping and die cutting. Other ink colors to try would on Marina Mist cardstock are Night of Navy and Marina Mist.
- Sponging the edges of the Whisper White cardstock adds to the denim feel of the card.
Here’s my last “denim” card….simple and easy to do.
- To create the denim effect: I sponged Dapper Denim ink onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. I started in the middle and worked out to the edges. That way the “dark” area is hidden by the sentiment. (Photo below shows what I mean, also how I stamped the stitching lines on the background piece.)
- For the sentiment piece I first stamped the words from the One Big Meaning stamp set (wood, clear), then stamped the stitch lines around it. My cardstock piece was larger than I needed and I trimmed next to the stitch lines when done.
These products are not on the retiring products list. However, the 10% bundled discount price will NOT be available in the new catalog. If you want both products, NOW is the best time to get them.
If you have enjoyed these handmade cards with a Denim Theme and would like to purchase the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp bundle for yourself, you can find it in my online store.