Today I have some quick and easy handmade card ideas featuring a sentiment. Sometimes a sentiment is large enough to be the focal point of the card. That’s what each of today’s cards have in common.
All the cards featured today use greeting sentiments from the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set. The first three cards also use Picture Perfect 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper and Tutti-fruitti Adhesive Backed Sequins.
They were also all cards I received in a recent card swap. I’ve credited the creator of each card.
Here’s the first handmade card ideas featuring a sentiment. This card was made by Sue Nurnberger.
- Featured Sentiment: Nothing says “birthday” better than confetti sprinkles and sequins and Sue used both on her card. To highlight the focal sentiment, she used an oval die shape and stamped a bow as an accent.
- Project colors: Basic Black, Lemon Lime Twist, PeekaBoo Peach.
- Products used: Stitched Framelits Dies, Banner Triple Punch
Next in line for handmade card ideas featuring a sentiment was made by Tammy Nelson.
- Featured Sentiment: The sentiment on this card is showcased by using COLOR cardstock as well as adding a scallop oval matte behind the die cut sentiment piece. Tammy also added a textured background and piece of ribbon as accents.
- Project colors: Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, PeekaBoo Peach.
- Products used: Stitched Framelits Dies, Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Berry Burst 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon.
Here’s my next card in the project parade. This one was made by Lisa Schultz.
- Featured Sentiment: This fun-fold card is a great way to feature the sentiment. (Sorry, it’s hard to take photos of this card.) She has used a piece of ribbon to accent the sentiment piece on the card front. On the inside, she’s accented the greeting with stamped sprinkles (see photo below).
- Project colors: Pool Party, Basic Black.
- Products used: Scattered Sequins Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Bermuda Bay 3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon.
Here’s what it looks like opened.
My next two cards use designer paper from Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper pack. Here’s the first card made by Beth Tetzlaff
- Featured Sentiment: To make her sentiment a focal point, Beth has accented the piece with stamped, fussy-cut party horns/blowers and banner flags.
- Project colors: Basic Black,
- Products used: Silver Foil Sheets, Banner Triple Punch, Basic Black 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon,
Here’s my last handmade card ideas featuring a sentiment. This one was made by Sandy Carlson.
- Featured Sentiment: This card is a fancy fold card, and the sentiment is placed on the smaller folded cardstock piece. She accented the words by stamping a top and bottom border, then matting on a scallop square. She also used a ribbon.
- Project colors: Berry Burst, Blushing Bride
- Products used: Layering Squares Framelits, Whisper White 1/4″ White Organza Ribbon
Here’s how it looks when opened:
I hope that you have discovered some new ideas for using just a sentiment as a focal point. The one thing that all these cards have in common is that each of the sentiment pieces has been accented or highlighted in some way. Keep this in mind as you make handmade card ideas featuring a sentiment.