Today I’m sharing an easy to use card sketch layout and I’m featuring the Lots of Lavender Sale-a-Bration stamp set from Stampin’ Up!
If you’ve visited my blog frequently, you know I’m an advocate of using card sketch layouts. They make the whole process of designing cards so much easier. Here’s the card sketch layout that can be seen on each of today’s cards.
Here’s an interesting fact about today’s easy to use card sketch layout. The three cards I’m sharing today were made by three DIFFERENT people who weren’t connected in any way, yet each of them used some variation of the card sketch layout above.
All three cards I’m sharing today are made with the Sale-A-Bration Lots of Lavender stamp set (147194).
Let’s get started with the samples. Here’s the first one, made by ME!!
- Colors on this card are Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay and Lemon Lime Twist.
- The two pieces of designer paper are in the FREE Sale-A-Bration Bubbles and Fizz Designer Series Paper Pack (147244).
- Here’s how I changed up the sketch layout, to make it my own. I added a designer paper and ribbon border, as well as moved the sentiment to the bottom right corner. I also added some die cut leaf sprigs sticking out from behind the oval. Even with these changes however, my card layout is still similar to the original card layout sketch.
- Other products used: Layering Ovals Framelits (141706); Best Birds stamp set (141525), for sentiment; 1/4″ Whisper White Organza Ribbon (145590), Petals & More Thinlits Dies (145655) for the leaf sprigs.
Here’s card number 2, designed by Joan Spevek and made by me in a shoebox swap
- Can you see the card layout sketch on this card? Here’s how she changed it up: The flower image was matted on an oval. The background cardstock was stamped using some of the solid images (meant to fill in the line images).
- Other card details: Bow is 1/4″ White Organza Ribbon that is colored using an Old Olive Stampin’ Blend marker. Brights enamel dot heart shape (Old Olive) was used as an accent.
- Card colors: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive.
Here is the final card in today’s easy to use card sketch layout parade. This one was made by Joyce Hall. I received it in a card swap I was part of.
- I’m actually cheating when I classify this card as using the sketch, because the flap with the flowers opens to reveal a gift card holder (see photo below). But, if we pretend that this is a solid card front, you can definitely see the card sketch layout on this card.
- Sentiment is found in the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set (143662).
- Colors used: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder, Powder Pink, Old Olive
- The stripes on the light purple piece were made using the new Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (145648).
If you’d like to own this cute stamp set for yourself, you can get it FREE during Sale-A-Bration with a $50 product order in my online store. It will no longer be available once Sale-A-Bration ends (March 31), so make sure to act now so you don’t miss it!!
Click on the Card Design Principles category (in the categories drop down menu in the right sidebar) if you are interested in finding other blog posts about using card sketch layouts. Hope that you have enjoyed seeing the samples I shared with this easy to use card sketch layout and are seeing just how easy card sketches can be to use!