This blog post is going to focus on ways to use Pearlized Doilies on your cards. The Pearlized Doilies are part of the Share What You Love product suite. This suite of products was designed to celebrate 30 years of Stampin’ Up! and loving what you do. Pearl is the “stone” for 30 year anniversaries, so Stampin’ Up! decided to add a pearl finish to the doilies to celebrate.
Here’s a list of some of the products used (“Share What You Love” product suite, pages 176-178):
- Love What You Do Stamp Set
- Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- Share What You Love Artisan Pearls
- Pearlized Doilies
A NOTE ABOUT USING PEARLIZED DOILIES:
Adhesives don’t stick well to the pearlized surface, so adding the sentiment to the Doily requires some extra care. A great way to ensure that the doily stays on your project is to attach it between two cardstock circles. The circle on the back of the doily can be larger than the front one, creating a mat that is part of the card. If you don’t want the back circle piece to be seen, cut it just a bit smaller than the front circle so it will be hidden.
I received each of the cards I’m sharing today in a recent swap with other demonstrators and I have given credit to the creator of each card. It always amazes me how, even though each card uses similar elements, each card is unique.
Here’s the first card, made by Holly Sutton. This card uses the doily front and center and the designer paper is the focus of the card.
This next card also uses the doily in the center of the card, but it is placed more toward the bottom of the card. This card was designed by Brenda Sue Hillard.
- A circle of Crumb Cake cardstock was attached behind the doily so that it shows through around the edge, underneath the doily. The doily is between the two cardstock circles. (see note above about using pearlized doilies)
- This card is actually a “fancy fold” card. The bottom strip opens up for the inside sentiment. (See photo below.)
The next card that demonstrates ways to use Pearlized Doilies on your cards was made by Linda Larson.
- Linda used the Lovely Floral Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder as the focal point of this card.
- Her sentiment is located off-center, towards the bottom right of the card, and the pearlized doily is offset from the cardstock circle.
- She used a 3″ x 4″ piece of designer paper, cut at an angle for the bottom element.
Here’s another card that features the doily, but this time an oval shape is used for the sentiment. This card was made by Sandy Carlson.
The final card I have to share with you was made by ME!! at the April Onstage Local event. This card layout was designed by Stampin’ Up! artists and features a “collage” effect.
Any of the doily ideas in this blog post can be easily used with the new Colored Doilies as well!! Hope you enjoyed learning some different ways to use Pearlized Doilies on your cards. Any of the products used on these cards can be found in my online store.