Recently I held a Quilting with Paper Handmade Greeting Cards class. We made four different quilt themed cards using squares and strips of designer paper.
The first card Quilting with Paper Handmade Greeting Cards card was a Pinwheel pattern.
- Colors: Wisteria Wonder and Calypso Coral.
- Products Used: Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (144137), Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372), Party Pandas Sale-A-Bration stamp set (Wood 147218, Clear 147221) for sentiment, Metal Rimmed Pearls (138394).
Here’s the second card we made using the Herringbone Technique. This technique uses strips of pattern paper and is a great way to use up designer paper scraps!
Our third card was what I’m calling the “Diamond Quilt” pattern. This one is a great way to highlight beautiful designer paper.
- Project Colors: Calypso Coral and Pool Party.
- Product Used: Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper (144110), Quilt Top Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (144687), Daisy Delight stamp set (143669).
Here’s the last card of my Quilting with Paper Handmade Greeting Cards. I’m not really sure what the actual name of this pattern is. I’m calling it the “Quilt Block” card.
- Project Colors: Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight.
- Products Used: Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (144137), Daisy Delight stamp set (143669), Flourishing Phrases stamp set (Wood 141531, Clear 141534).
- Project Notes: This card starts with a 1 1/4″ square in the center. Paper strips are added around the square, building out to the edges.
I LOVE quilts and quilt designs. However, I’m not very handy with a sewing machine, so making quilt themed cards is the way that I find I can enjoy quilting.
I hope you liked the Quilting with Paper Handmade Greeting Cards I have shared here today. Did you have a favorite?