I have a couple cards to share today that I made using new stampin up catalog products. These were cards that my club members made at our June club get-together.
The first card highlights the new 2017-2019 In-Colors. The original card idea was shared with me by Brenda Cardinal.
- The technique used on this card is what I call “Inlaid Embossing”. First you attach the strips of color cardstock onto the Whisper White base, then run the piece through the Big Shot using an embossing folder (Oh My Stars, ). The end result looks like the color strips are “inlaid” into the white card stock. This is a very effective technique to use when making quilt themed cards.
- Birthday sentiment is found in the Happy Birthday Gorgeous stamp set (143662).
- The two “banners” in the upper left corner are pieces of 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon (Berry Burst, 144133 – Tranquil Tide, 144136).
Here’s our second club card. Club members had a chance to try out the new Embossing Paste on this card.
- Embossing paste (141979), Palette Knives (142808) and one of the Pattern Party Decorative Masks (144103) were used to make this card. The embossing paste allows you to create textured project backgrounds.
- The idea of this project was just to get a feel for using the embossing paste, so I kept the card pretty simple. The paste spreads on like frosting. Here are my two tips. First, place something under your project to “catch” any embossing paste that goes beyond the cardstock edges. This saves your work surface. Second, have a shallow pan of water ready to put your mask in immediately after use. This makes clean-up so much easier.
- I found it difficult to get a perfectly smooth surface on the embossing paste. You can see a couple areas towards the top where the paste has uneven coverage. I decided not to stress about it, and embrace the imperfection. I’m thinking that my smoothing technique will get better with practice.
- Sentiment is from the Better Together stamp set (Wood 141733, Clear 141736) and is cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (145372).
A WORD ABOUT MY PRODUCT SHARE CLUBS
Product Share Clubs are a great way to earn free consumable Stampin’ Up! product!! Each club member places a $30 order every month during the three club months. The Stampin’ Rewards earned on the club order are “spent” on consumable product (designer paper, ribbon, embellishments, etc.) which are divided equally among the club members. This is a GREAT WAY to build up your supply of consumable products without having to purchase entire packages of paper or ribbon and then wonder what to do with them!!
Even if you don’t live locally to me, you can be part of my Product Share Clubs. You can place your order online and have it sent directly to your home. You will receive your free reward products (and samples of the club cards made at club night) from me in the mail. Club card directions are sent by email. Check out the registration link below for all the details.
Hope that you enjoyed the cards I shared using new stampin up catalog products. You can purchase any of these products in my online store.