During the entire month of August, Stampin’ Up! is allowing customers to pre-order a NEW Christmas stamp set that will appear in their upcoming holiday catalog. Today I’m sharing two quick and easy handmade Christmas cards with the Carols of Christmas, the pre-order stamp set.
The Carols of Christmas stamp set (Wood 144801, Clear 144804) includes two large sentiment images that are perfect to use on a card front. The words are large enough to be used alone with just a small accent. That’s what I did with the cards I’m sharing today.
On my first card, I paired the “Peace on Earth” sentiment with a die cut image accent.
- I created a “poinsettia” using one of the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies (143725). It’s always fun when you can combine new products with ones you already own to get more mileage from them.
- Background designer paper is in the Be Merry Designer Series Paper Pack (144111).
- Notice the two stamped lines on the top and bottom of the sentiment. This stamped image is included in the Carols of Christmas stamp set.
- Card colors: Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green (same color combination in the designer series paper pack).
- Dimensions: Cherry Cobbler – 5 1/4″ x 4″; 4″ x 3 1/4″ Garden Green – 3 3/4″ x 3″; Whisper White for sentiment – 2 3/4″ x 3 1/2″ Be Merry Designer Paper 5″ x 3 3/4″ (A note about my dimensions…the dimensions of the sentiment piece on my actual card are all in 1/8″ measurements. I know many have difficulty measuring in 1/8″ increments, so I rounded the dimensions up. If you’d like narrower matte borders, adjust my measurements to 1/8″ increments.)
- Here’s a close-up of the “poinsettia”. You can also cut a second flower shape to layer on top of the first for a fuller flower.
Here is my second quick and easy handmade Christmas cards with the Carols of Christmas stamp set.
- I used the same sentiment on this card, but I added two more stamped border shapes on the sides. Notice that these are straight and not curved like the upper and lower lines.
- Card Color = Tranquil Tide
- Background designer paper is from the Delightful Daisy Designer Paper pack (144137). The dots on the paper remind me of falling snow.
- Sentiment dimensions: Whisper White – 3 1/4″ x 2 1/2; Tranquil Tide – 3 1/2″ x 2 3/4″ I popped the sentiment piece with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bow on the left side of the card is the accent. (Tranquil Tide 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon, 144136) I show you how I tied my faux bow in the video below. MAKE SURE TO WATCH THE VIDEO if you have difficulty tying a knot/bow around a piece of cardstock. I show you a really easy solution to this struggle!!!
I hope you have enjoyed the two quick and easy handmade Christmas cards with the Carols of Christmas stamp set I shared today. Stop back on Wednesday when I’ll have more cards I made using this new pre-order stamp set from Stampin’ Up!