I have one word for the Eastern Palace Suite of products from Stampin’ Up!….AMAZING!! The Eastern Medallions Thinlits are a perfect tool to use to make your own medallion images in card making. They are my favorite part of the current bundles that Stampin’ Up! has available for pre-order!!
There are SO MANY different ways to make your own medallion images in card making. And, the Eastern Medallions Thinlits dies (143725) are the perfect tool to use. I think the possibilities with these dies are truly endless!! The detailed thinlits are nesting pieces that can be used together or separately to make frames, medallions, peek through windows and much more!! Some of the dies make only a partial cut. Other dies completely cut out the shape. All the dies can be layered and combined together giving LOTS of options to make your own medallion images in card making.
Here’s a photo of all the die shapes.
Here’s my first medallion card.
- A simple and quick card to make. The small circle dies were used to create the “peek through” image in the cardstock square.
- Colors are NEW 2017-2019 In-Colors: Berry Burst and Powder Pink.
- The three long strips measure 1 1/4″ x 3″. The length can be adjusted 1/4″ of an inch, depending on the height of your sentiment. The bottom squares measure 1 1/4″ square.
- Sentiment is in the Rose Wonder stamp set (140697).
Here’s a card that demonstrates how well the dies coordinate with the Layering Circles Framelits (141705) as well as the different size Stampin’ Up! circle punches.
- I created “mattes” for the dies cuts with the 1 1 /4″ Circle Punch (119861), Crumb Cake, and the 2″ Circle Punch (133782), Soft Sky. I cut the Bermuda Bay circle with the Layering Circles Framelits.
- Stamps sets used: Painter’s Palette (Wood 141907, Clear 141910), for dots and Birthday Banners (141506), for sentiment.
My next card combines the Eastern Medallions Thinlits and stamped images from the coordinating Eastern Beauty stamp set.
- The Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight medallion pieces were layered one on top of the other to make the focal image.
- Sentiment and small square stamped image is from the Eastern Beauty stamp set (143675). The simple border created by the small stamped image doesn’t pull the eye from the center focal point.
- I made the background color wash using Watercolor Pencils (141709) on Watercolor Paper (122959). Then I blended with an Aqua Painter (103954).
My next card combines three of the different layering dies to create a focal point medallion image.
- The “peek through” medallion cut on Whisper White cardstock is the focal point of this card. It is layered on a Flirty Flamingo card base. If desired, a second color (or a piece of designer paper) could be added behind the medallion so that it will peek through from behind the die cut.
- Sentiment is from the Better Together stamp set (Wood 141733, Clear 141736).
Here’s how the stamped images work with the die cuts.
- These are the supplies used: Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper (144147) for the border strip, Wood Words stamp set (Wood 143925, Clear 143928)) for sentiment and White Perfect Accents (138416) for the center of the circle image.
- Colors are NEW 2017-2019 In-Colors: Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist.
And yet ONE MORE card that shows how well the stamps in the Eastern Beauty stamp set work with the coordinating Eastern Medallions Thinlits.
- The focal point on this card was made using three of the Eastern Medallions Thinlit Dies. The large shape was cut out of Whisper White cardstock (like the Happy Birthday card above). The square image was stamped onto a piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock. The coordinating die was used to cut it out. You can cut the center circle die at the same time you cut out the square piece.
- The center Berry Burst die cut is also found in the Eastern Medallions Thinlits collection.
- I added the three dots image in each of the corners after the Lemon Lime Twist square was cut. I also stamped it on the corners of the Whisper White cardstock.
Watch this Facebook Live video I did last week if you are interested in seeing more ways you can combine the medallion thinlits.
I hope you have enjoyed seeing the ways you can use the Eastern Medallions Thinlits to make your own medallion images in card making. You can order Eastern Palace bundles during May, before new catalog product is “officially” available. Here are the links to purchase either of the bundled products in my online store.
Eastern Palace Starter Bundle, 147196 $60.50
Eastern Palace Premier Bundle (this is the bundle that contains the dies), 147207 $103.50
Check out these posts if you want to see more ways to use the Eastern Beauty stamp set (included in each bundle):