Fall is here…and when I think of fall, I think of sunflowers. I have two handmade sunflower greeting cards with painted harvest stamp set (144783) from Stampin’ Up! You can find this fun to use stamp set in the new 2017 Holiday catalog.
It’s easy to make handmade sunflower greeting cards with painted harvest stamp set. This is a two-step stamp set, which means you create the stamped images with two different stamps. First stamp with the less detailed stamp using a lighter color ink. Next, stamp the detailed stamp over the first stamped image using a darker shade of the same color.
I stuck with the traditional yellow and brown colors of a sunflower on my cards. But, the flower image in this stamp set can be stamped in a variety of colors!!!
Here’s my first card. This was designed by Shari Caspers. We made this card at one of her downline meetings.
- The boldness of the plaid strip of Merry Little Christmas designer paper (144621) serves to immediately catch the eye and draw it in.
- Notice how perfectly the Starburst punch (143717) fits around the flower image. It makes “cutting” the sunflower easy, eliminating the fussy cutting!!
- Leaf images were cut with the coordinating Leaf Punch (144667).
- Flower colors: Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Garden Green.
Here’s a second handmade sunflower greeting cards with painted harvest. I found the cutting inspiration for the flower on Mitosu Crafts blog.
- Can you guess which die I used to cut the sunflower on this card?? The versatile Eastern Medallions Thinlits dies set (143725)!!
- The sentiment is from the Birthday Blooms stamp set (Wood 140655, Clear 140658). Notice how perfectly it fits in the new Everyday Label Punch (144668). In my opinion, this is a must-have punch to add to your crafting tools!!
- Textured background design is made using the Garden Trellis Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143741).
- Flower colors: Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry; Lemon-Lime Twist and Garden Green, Soft Suede.
The Painted Harvest stamp set is versatile. It’s a stamp set I think you’ll find yourself returning to again and again. The stamp set is bundled with the coordinating Leaf Punch, at a 10% discount. If you are interested in purchasing this bundle, you can find it here in my online store. Both the stamp set and punch can also be purchased separately.
What do you think of the handmade sunflower greeting cards with painted harvest? It’s a great set to use for creating beautiful, easy-to-make cards.