Handmade snowflake themed greeting cards are one of my favorite types of holiday/winter cards to create. They make great Christmas cards, but you can also adapt them for any other occasion you may need (birthdays, thinking of you, etc). Stampin’ Up! has some lovely snowflake themed products in their current 2107 Holiday Catalog and I’d like to share some cards made with those products.
This first card is a quick and easy one to create.
- If you make LOTS of holiday cards, this is a great card layout idea to use. It uses a 2 1/4″ x 4 1/2″ piece of designer paper. The matte sizes are: 4 3/4″ x 2 1/2″; 5″ x 2 3/4″
- The snowflake designer paper is in the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper (144640).
- Sentiment is from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set (Wood 144817, Clear 144820).
- I used the Stitched Shapes Framelits (145372) and Layering Ovals Framelits (141706) to create the oval pieces.
- Colors: Smoky Slate, Dapper Denim, Silver Foil.
Continuing on with more handmade snowflake themed greeting cards here’s my second card:
- This card also uses the Year of Cheer Specialty Designer Series Paper. Sizes for the two pieces: snowflakes = 3″ x 5 1/2″; plaid 1 1/4″ x 5 1/2″
- The gold foil snowflakes (144642) are a great way to disguise the seam between the two papers. I cut the snowflake in half, and then cut one of the halves in half to get the snowflakes on the edge.
- Sentiment is embossed with Gold Embossing Powder (109129). You can find the greeting in the Merry Mistletoe stamp set (Wood 143650, Clear 143655).
- 1/8″ Gold Ribbon (134583) is used as an accent.
Here’s my third snowflake themed card.
- This card is full of sparkle and shine!! Besides the Foil Snowflakes, it uses a Champagne Foil Sheet (144748) on the card front. This foil paper is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! It adds a touch of elegance to ANY project.
- The sparkle bow is tied using a piece of silver Mini Tassel Trim (144636).
- You will find the greeting in the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set.
- The scallop circles are cut with the Layering Circles Framelits Dies (141705).
As you can see, any of these handmade snowflake themed greeting cards would easily be adapted to ANY occasion where a card is needed. And, none of the cards is difficult to make. Have you started to think about creating your holiday cards?? Why not use one of these card layouts??