I have three handmade stamped card ideas to share with you today using Stampin’ Up! products that are retiring. This is a sad time of year for me as I have to say farewell to some stamp sets and products that I really love. However, I know that there will be some great new products to look forward to in the upcoming catalog.
My first two cards use the retiring Celebrate Today stamp set (Photopolymer, 137138).
- This is a monochromatic card and showcases a retiring 2015-2017 In-Color, Cucumber Crush.
- The background paper is from the 2015-2017 In-Color Designer Series Paper Stack (138432).
- The rest of the card is simple stamping onto Whisper White cardstock. We have SO MANY tools and options available for us to use that sometimes I think we forget how much fun it is to create a simply stamped card. Cardmaking doesn’t have to be complicated!!
Here’s my second card made with the Celebrate Today stamp set.
- I created a background for this card by repeatedly stamping the balloon “tail” stamp image in a repeating color pattern. I chose bright colors for this card because I wanted to create a “primary color” feel. This would be a great birthday card for ANY AGE!!
- The sentiment is from the retiring Circle of Spring stamp set (Photopolymer, 138964). I used a 1 1/4″ circle punch (119861) to cut it out, then used the Layering Circles Framelits (141705) to create a matte piece.
- The Pumpkin Pie designer paper strip is from the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper pack (141630). Using paper for a border like this is a great way to use up paper scraps!
- Colors used: Real Red, Pacific Point, Emerald Envy, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie.
My third card came about because I couldn’t bear to toss out the daisy image piece. I had created the flower image when I was playing around with the Timeless Tags Thinlits Dies. I didn’t use it on the original project I had in mind, but I also couldn’t bear to part with it. Does anyone else have this same issue?? Anyway, I came up with this card idea to use up the flower piece.
Textured background piece was made using the Seaside Embossing Folder (141481).
Sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set (Photopolymer, 140697).
Colors: Dapper Denim and Soft Sky.
Well, there you have three MORE cards using retiring Stampin’ Up! products. You can check out this list if you are wondering what Stampin’ Up! products are retiring. Stampin’ Up! will continue to make retiring stamps until May 22. However, all other retiring products are available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!! Many products have already sold out, so don’t delay in placing your order.
I want to take a minute to thank you for stopping by my blog for creative inspiration. I’d appreciate you helping me to reach more readers by sharing my blog posts on social media using the buttons below. I really love sharing my handmade stamped card ideas here on my blog. It is my hope that I give you ideas that you can use!