Welcome to another handmade card sketch layout for Christmas in July post. Lately, I’ve been sharing holiday cards I’ve created with the Merry Mistletoe stamp set (Wood 143650, Clear 143655) and the handmade card sketch layout for Christmas in July I designed. Today is the last day I’ll have Christmas cards made with this stamp set to share.
Before I share my cards, let’s refresh our memories with the card sketch layout I’m using.
My first card was inspired by a card made by Judy May. The layout she used is very similar to my card sketch layout.
- The overall layout of this card follows the idea behind my card sketch. Let’s look at some of the ways I changed this card to “make it my own”.
- I added two layers onto the card base.
- My top layer consists of two pieces of pattern paper, instead of solid cardstock.
- The sentiment piece is a circle shape, contains not only a greeting but a stamped image and is partially tucked under the border strip.
- All stamped images are from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set. The Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler color combination is based on the colors in the Be Merry Designer Series Paper pack (144111). The Cherry Cobbler cardstock border is textured with the Garden Trellis Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (143741).
Here’s my second card.
Same sketch but different results!! I turned an oval shape on end and chose to highlight a stamped image rather than the sentiment. You can see that I added an extra sentiment element that isn’t on my original sketch.
A piece of Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper (144147) makes the border for this card. I LOVE all the gold accents.
Card details: Reindeer image (from Merry Mistletoe stamp set) and the sentiment (from Eastern Beauty stamp set, 143675) are heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder (109129). The Layering Ovals Framelits Dies (141706) were used to cut the two ovals.
As I mentioned in my first Merry Mistletoe blog post, I really had fun making all the cards I’ve shared here. I can tell this stamp set is going to become a new favorite of mine!! I’ll include links to my other Merry Mistletoe blog posts below.
Merry Mistletoe Blog Posts:
Want to get an early start on making your Christmas cards? Purchase the Merry Mistletoe stamp set in my online store, then use the handmade card sketch layout for Christmas in July, take one cards I’ve shared here on my blog and get busy creating cards for the friends and family on your list!!