I’m loving all the versatility in the Eastern Palace Suite of products from Stampin’ Up! Not only can you use the Eastern Beauty stamp set (143675) to create focal images on your cards, you can also use it to make hand stamped borders and backgrounds for cards. Those are the kinds of cards I’m sharing today.
First a word about the images in the stamp set. SO MANY of the stamps are great for creating hand stamped borders and backgrounds for cards. The shapes lend themselves to creating overall pattern designs and easy borders. They are great for accenting the insides of your cards and outsides of the envelopes as well. You can also use the stamped images on the coordinating Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper (144147).
My first card shows how the smaller images can be used to make stamped borders on your cards.
- By repeatedly stamping the images I created two borders. I used the square stamp image on the two white borders and also on the Lemon-Lime Twist border piece in the center of the card. I used the swirly image on the top and bottom of the Island Indigo cardstock and also on the inside of the card.
- Notice also how I used some stamped images on the die cut center cardstock piece, creating a pattern and enhancing the card focal point.
Here’s another card that shows how the smaller stamped images can be used to create a border on a card.
- This is a clean and simple card that literally took me five minutes to make (of course, all the cardstock was pre-cut).
- I think the three dot stamp design is my favorite one of all!! It creates such a quick and easy border with little or no effort!!
- As you can see from the card photo, the dots are great for corners as well. I combined it with the “bracket” shaped stamp. You can see below that it’s great for the inside of the card as well.
As I was “playing” with ideas here are some other examples of stamped borders I came up with:
This border is actually a strip of Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper. I stamped the square image in the center of the large quatrefoil design.
You can also edge the cardstock using the splatter design stamp, like this.
It makes a great design for the inside corners as well:
My last card shows how you can create your own background designs with the stamped images.
- Background was repeatedly stamped with the “flower” shaped stamp image. I started in the center of the cardstock and worked my way out to the edges. Stamp the center row first, then the two outside rows. Notice that the “tips” of the flowers are touching.
- There are a couple important things to remember when stamping a background. First, make sure you stamp partial images off the edge of the paper. Second, for a symmetric patterned background like this one, make sure to “place” the stamped image the same way every time you stamp. Third, start in the center and work your way out to the edges.
Here’s a video that I made showing how to create your own backgrounds with stamped images.
Here are two more background ideas that I played with. Both of these also use the flower stamp, but I added some pattern design stamping as well.
Here are yet two more stamped background ideas.
After seeing how this stamp set works wonderfully for hand stamped borders and backgrounds for cards are you convinced of your NEED for this stamp set?
I hope so. I’ve heard so many comments from people who loved the Eastern Medallion thinlits (143725) but weren’t impressed with the Eastern Beauty stamp set (143675). My initial reaction was that I loved them both. Even though I wasn’t excited about the sentiments in the set, I saw so much potential with the pattern stamps. If you are one who likes the thinlits but was considering passing on the stamp set…DON’T!! I think this is a must have stamp set for anyone, if only for the versatility and functionality of the pattern stamp shapes. And, the stamps coordinate beautifully with the dies to enhance the die cut shapes as well!!
During May, you can pre-purchase these products before the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog products become available. And, as a bonus, I’m offering a free card class for anyone who purchases either bundle from me in my online store using this hostess code: 7GNGK27N. (If you live too far to attend the class, I will send a sample of each card to you. Step-by-step instructions will be sent via email. The class meets June 1. Cards and directions will be sent after that time.) You can learn all about the Eastern Palace Suite bundles here.
Use this hostess code: 7GNGK27N
Owning your own set will allow you to use the Eastern Beauty stamp set to make your own hand stamped borders and backgrounds for cards!