If you’ve been visiting my blog regularly the past couple weeks, you know I’ve been sharing LOTS of handmade card ideas using the Sealed with Love stamp set from Stampin’ Up! This stamp set is definitely promoted as a Valentine themed one in the Stampin’ Up! Occasions Catalog. But, with just a bit of thinking, I came up with ways this stamp set can be used BEYOND Valentine’s Day.
Here are the stamp images I am using on the cards I’m sharing today. Yes, they have heart images, but the actual images are very small, and by changing the color theme your card won’t have a Valentine feel.
On my first card, I stamped the image in Real Red. But combining it with Dapper Denim takes away any “Valentine” feel to this card.
- I stamped two border pieces for this card, then made a narrow border matte of Real Red card stock.
- The Thank You stamp is a FREE Sale-A-Bration choice – So Very Much (143340). This is a great stamp set for creating quick and easy thank you cards.
Here’s another card created with the same border concept as the first card.
- I changed the orientation of the card from portrait to landscape and only added one stamped, matted border piece because of the card size. I also changed the color of the stamped image to Dapper Denim, creating a monochromatic card.
- I made this card using one of the cards in the Notecards and Envelopes package (131527).
Here’s another card using the larger heart patterned image pictured above. This time I used it to create a subtle background pattern.
- Project colors are Pool Party and Calypso Coral.
- I stamped Pool Party ink onto the Pool Party card stock to create the patterned background.
- I also LIGHTLY sponged the edges of the Pool Party card stock with Calypso Coral ink to create a distressed look. TIP: If you want to achieve the same look, make sure to add VERY LITTLE ink at first until you see what it looks like. You can always go back and add more if it’s too light, but can’t take any away if it is too dark.
- Sentiment is from the Cottage Greetings stamp set (wood 138940, clear 139962) and stamped in Calypso Coral ink.
- Stamped border design is found in the Delicate Details stamp set (143314). This is a stamp set that you can earn FREE with a $50 product order during the Sale-A-Bration event that Stampin’ Up! is currently offering. I stamped in VersaMark ink (102283), sprinkled with Gold Embossing Powder (109129) and heat set using the Heat Tool (129053).
- The die cut scroll piece I stamped the sentiment on is found in the Cupcakes and Carousels Embellishment Kit (142767). This kit that is part of the Cupcakes & Carousels product suite and it includes some great components that can be combined with products outside the product suite, as I did on this card.
I don’t want to spend too much time on the Sealed with Love stamp set (142815). However, I have one more day of projects using this stamp set to share with you. Please make sure to stop back on Monday to see how I used this set to make a wedding card.
Also, if you enjoy the projects I share here on my blog, I’d like to invite you to sign up for my weekly newsletter. Each week I share EXCLUSIVE project ideas (complete with step by step directions) and tips for using Stampin’ Up! products. To sign up, you can use the form in the right side bar of my blog. I’d love it if you’d join me on my creative journey of making handmade cards with Stampin’ Up! products.