It’s hot outside but I’m cooling down with some Christmas stamping in July!! There’s a new stamp set in the Stampin’ Up! catalog…Merry Mistletoe (Wood 143650, Clear 143655). WOW!! If you are looking for a basic stamp set that will go the distance, this set is it!! Once I started to stamp and create with it I couldn’t stop!! I was like the energizer bunny and I kept going….and going….and going!!
There are two awesome sentiments in this set that are just a basic greeting and work great when paired with stamps from other sets. Both my cards today use Garden Green as the color scheme and are monochromatic.
Here’s the first card.
- The sentiment and stamped mistletoe images are from the Merry Mistletoe stamp set. To get the mistletoe bouquet, I stamped the image three times. After stamping my first image, I masked off the stamped bow at the top of the image. It looked less messy that way. It’s cut with the 1 5/8″ die from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies (141705).
- I paired the stamped images with the large medallion die found in the Eastern Medallions Thinlits Dies (143725). I love this large die. It really serves to showcase whatever is in its center. In this case, it makes the bouquet of mistletoe stand out. The cardstock square is 3 1/4″.
- The Cherry Cobbler bow was made with one of the dies in the Bouquet Bunch Framelits Dies (143659). The pop of color adds interest to the card.
My second Christmas stamping in July card uses the other large sentiment in the Merry Mistletoe stamp set.
- The wavy square from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits was used to cut out the sentiment. I tipped the square on end to showcase the sentiment, then matted it with a 2 1/4″ Garden Green cardstock square.
- The sentiment is paired with some of the accent images in the Eastern Beauty stamp set (143675). Those little accent images were perfect to fill in some of the white space in the die cut square.
- The Whisper White background piece was textured using the Holly Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (141634).
- The scallop border was created with the border die in the Seasonal Layers Thinlits set (143751). I have so missed having a tool to create borders with and was thrilled to find this die in the set. I added a piece of 1/8″ Silver Ribbon (132137) for a bit of sparkle.
Here’s my opinion of this stamp set…..it’s a workhorse!! In one afternoon I created EIGHT different cards using the images in this set!! That means I could have original Christmas cards for the next eight years and not have to purchase another holiday stamp set. (Yea right…me not purchase another holiday stamp set…ha! ha! It’s a nice thought though). I’ll be sharing the rest of the cards I created during my Christmas stamping in July session over my next few blog posts, so make sure and stop back to see them!!