In my last four blog posts, I’ve shared card making ideas using the different products in the Eastern Palace Suite of products. Today you’ll see how Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers make elegant cards.
First, let’s learn about the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers (144150). The stickers come on 6×6″ sheets. There are a total of 4 sheets (2 sheets of 2 designs) in each package. Designs include border strips, circles, medallions and more. Many of the stickers coordinate with the stamps and dies, allowing for layering. The stickers are high quality and super sticky. Once they touch the cardstock, you will NOT remove them!!
My projects today will show how easily the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers make elegant cards.
Here’s the first card. I was inspired by a similar card that Janet Wakeland had made.
- Basic supplies for this card are Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers (144150) and Gold Foil Sheets (132622).
- I attached the stickers to Whisper White card stock. Make sure that some of the stickers go over the edge of the cardstock when creating backgrounds. It looks strange if all the stickers stop short of the paper edge.
- I mounted the white cardstock on a Gold Foil Sheet once the stickers were attached..
- The focal point medallion is a stamped image from the Eastern Beauty stamp set (143675) heat embossed with Gold Emboss Powder (109129).
Here is another card that demonstrates how the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers make elegant cards.
- The medallion shape is the focal point of the card. The largest Eastern Gold Vinyl Sticker is attached onto a piece of Fresh Fig cardstock. I fussy cut around the edges to make the center piece.
- Here are the rest of the card details: First, the center square Very Vanilla shape is cut using the square shaped die from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits (143725). Then, the Very Vanilla cardstock was stamped using images from the Eastern Beauty stamp set. The border was also made using one of the Eastern Beauty stamp images. (See another card with a similar border here.) The center border is a strip of Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper (144147).
Border stickers are also included in the Eastern Gold Vinyl Sticker pack. Here’s a card I made using one of those borders.
- The gold border on top of the card is a sticker from the Eastern Gold Vinyl sticker pack.
- This is a quick and easy card to make. I cut the medallion image using three different dies from the Eastern Medallions Thinlits. Next, I attached the top border sticker. The sentiment is stamped in such a way as to leave enough room for the Basic Black and Gold Foil Sheet border. I added a gold Metallic Enamel Shape (141678) in the center of the medallion.
- Wedding sentiment is from the Best Birds stamp set (Photopolymer 141525).
Here’s a couple cards that show how the Eastern Gold Vinyl stickers coordinate with die cut shapes in the Eastern Medallions Thinlits set.
The first card:
- Notice that the gold design is actually a sticker. The die cut shape and sticker shape coordinate together perfectly. I attached the sticker to the cardstock before die cutting and it cut perfectly!
- The tassel is part of the Eastern Palace Premier bundle and makes a great embellishment. I tied it on to the die cut medallion with a piece of Gold Metallic Thread (138401).
- Background pattern paper is in the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper collection.
My last card for today also features an Eastern Gold Vinyl Sticker.
- Again, notice how perfectly the Eastern Gold Vinyl stickers coordinate with the Eastern Medallions Thinlits. I made the “flower” in the upper right corner cutting both the sticker and the die together in the Big Shot. I applied the sticker to the card stock before cutting.
- Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper and Layering Circles Framelits (141705) are the other products used on this card.
You can see from these cards (and the other posts I’ve shared over the last couple weeks) how product suites from Stampin’ Up! make card making SO EASY!! All of the products and colors are designed to work together perfectly!!
During the month of May, Stampin’ Up! is offering a pre-order on the Eastern Palace Suite of products. They have put together two bundles of products, and each bundle includes a FREE gift. In addition, anyone who purchases either of these Eastern Palace bundles from me will also receive a FREE CLASS!! Learn more about it by clicking here.
Have you been enjoying all the ways that the Eastern Gold Vinyl Stickers make elegant cards? Don’t all these products work wonderfully well together to create beautiful cards?